Hectic week around here....first week of classes. Lots of settling in to do. I love it, though. I have a huge meeting on Friday. Big, important meeting. Wish me luck. I'll let you know how it goes.
In the meantime, I thought I'd tell you that Ivy and I have decided to do a swap. This harkens back to my post about how I haven't really engaged in swaps. I got into a conversation with the lovely Cindy, who did a personal swap with me. That was tons of fun. You might recall that she sent me an adorable pouch, and I sent her a pillow.
Well, Ivy and I got talking, too, and we also decided to do a personal swap when I was done with my swap with Cindy and after the holidays. So, we're getting started.
Our guidelines are pretty straightforward and simple:
- It must be a quilt. (No bags, pincushions, etc.)
- It must be no more than 36" square (144" perimeter), but it can be any shape (i.e., square, rectangle, whatever!).
- It must be at least 24" square (96" perimeter).
- We are to use the following inspiration mosaics to select the color and design for our partner.
Here is the inspiration mosaic I put together for Ivy. These are some of my favorites from Flickr:
1. 9eHexPillowFinished, 2. hot damn! finished my PTS pillow!! :D, 3. a pretty hexie stack!!, 4. hexies for ms. milky robot, 5. Back View, 6. Center View, 7. new bag!!!, 8. English Paper Pieced Spring Carnival Pillow, 9. Patchwork Hexagon Coin Purse, 10. hexagon pillow 2, 11. Hoop Revealed, 12. scrappy swap front, 13. hexagon fever, 14. PTS9 Finished, 15. hexagon mug rug - front, 16. Hexagon quilt, 17. Hexagon Front, 18. Hexagon Bathmat, 19. PLPS5: Pouch front, 20. COLOURlovers.com-Giant_Goldfish
I have never put together a mosaic before. So, that was a challenge in and of itself for me. I already feel a sense of accomplishment, just for having done that! haha!
Here is the inspiration mosaic Ivy built to inspire my design for her:
1. PTS 8 - All Done, 2. PTS - Round 6, 3. DS Doll Quilt received ! I I was too excited to iron it !, 4. My first attempt at paper piecing, 5. Cluck Cluck Sew Patterns by Allison Harris, 6. Rose Star 8, 7. Background choices, 8. potholders, 9. They are soooo cute and tiny!!! #Pillowtalkswap #modernmaples, 10. FLiQS Received :), 11. Patchwork Wheel block tutorial, 12. Block 1, 13. Fish and Chips, 14. girl embroidery retro 1, 15. You got me going in circles!, 16. Mariner's compass Pillow, 17. clamshell, 18. star pouch closeup, 19. Single girl quilt: top finished, 20. EPP progress
Some pretty good stuff in there! See anything you like? I have no idea yet what I'm going to do for her. If you have any suggestions or inspiration for me, let me know. I'd love to hear them. I will have fun coming up with something for her.
We don't have a deadline yet. We'll probably do something toward March sometime. We want to first gather up our supplies and decide what we're doing so we know how to gauge our time.
I have really enjoyed getting to know Ivy a little. We have some email banter now and then, so that is fun. The blog-o-sphere can be so cool. Remember how Cindy lives in Iowa, where I grew up? Well, Ivy lives in Florida, where my parents now live. Some small world it is.
This will be fun.
Have a great weekend!
Until next time,