I'm linking up with Cindy's Really Random Thursday again. Thought I should start posting her icon at the top of these posts as a signal. :-)
Let's see....where should I start?
So, do you want the back story? C'mon. You know you do.
Okay, so this friend (let's call her Fancy Nancy), Papa Pea, and I used to bowl together all winter long in a league. One night, I shared with Fancy Nancy....a video my mom had sent me online. Let me go see if I can find it for you.....
Ah, yes. Here it is. Ya' gotta watch the whole thing....
Fancy Nancy and I just roared at this. And, we started talking about "monkey spank" as a phrase and got a real hoot out of that.
At Christmas that year, there was a little brown box on my desk at work. (Fancy Nancy and I used to work together.) No note....nuthin'. I opened it. There was a very small (like tree ornament sized) sock monkey in it. There was a post-it note on it that just said, "Monkey Spank."
Well, that started it. Now, I've moved away. The two of us will send each other a little box now and then. No note. No signature. Just something monkey related. And a note saying "Monkey Spank." It's pretty fun. Some days, I really miss Fancy Nancy. She is a very dear friend.
Incidentally...remember the pad of paper I blogged in my last random post? The one that said, "I try to live simply, but drama just keeps following me around." Well, she's the friend that pad is going to. Even though it doesn't have anything to do with monkeys, I thought it was very "her." Drama kinda likes her. So, I just wrote "Monkey Spank" on the pad and sent it to her. Hope she likes it.
Oh! Speaking of boobs hanging low, and at the risk of a major TMI:
- I decided to get them at Victoria's Secret, because I love Body by Victora bras and undies. They are so comfy. It was Sweet Pea's first time in a Victoria's Secret. It literally blew her mind. She was pretty fascinated.
- She wanted me to get the leopard print bra. I really liked it, but I told her it wasn't practical. She said, "Mom! Who cares about practical?! It's pretty!" That's my girl.
- She kept saying to me, "So, Mom, are you going to get some tightie whities?" I was like, "Where have you heard that phrase?!" (We never use that phrase!) And I made the mistake of laughing when I asked that. She realized I thought that was funny, so she had to ask me that about 15 more times until I said, "Enough already!" This kid. I tell ya'!
- Why are bras so blasted expensive?! Do you know how much fabric I could have gotten for the cost of these two bras?
- I've said when I changed my rotary cutting blade: "Every time I change my blade, I feel like I do when I get new underwear. I hate to spend the money on it, but when I finally do it, I ask myself why I waited so long." I'll say it again. "Getting a new bra is like getting a new cutting blade in my rotary cutter!" Awesome. I haven't been this comfortable in a while. Since I lost weight, none of my bras fit anymore! It was definitely time.
- Victoria's Secret has really pretty dressing rooms. Why don't all stores take such care with their dressing rooms?
I thought I was a real champ on my birthday. Sweet Pea wanted to have a friend overnight that night...and I let her. The next day, she wanted to have a lemonade stand. Papa Pea helped her build this. Pretty awesome, huh? He's a champ, too.
So, she and her little friend set up in our front yard. How do you like their get ups? These are some stylin' little girls! (Grass was mostly still dead due to lack of rain, although a little rain started to green things up again!)
They sat in their chairs, drank lemonade, and waved at cars as they went by. I was not optimistic for them. Our road is a county road, and traffic goes by pretty fast (55 mph). Don't worry, they were set back off the road a safe distance. But, our kind neighbors came over, a nice farmer stopped by as he drove past, one of their school friends happened to drive by and stopped, and a few bicyclists stopped. (We have a lot of cyclists on our road. That was the only hope I thought they had.) In two hours, they made $4-5. Not bad! They were awfully cute.
The dragonflies have been just HUGE this year, with all the hot dry weather. I've never seen anything like it. When I went on the bust [sic; I had to leave that typo in....I thought it was too funny of a typo to delete and fix, given my bra photo above!] trip to Stitches Midwest, the shop that organized the bus trip gave each of us a goodie bag. Inside it was this cute little hank of yarn, twisted up and with these wings stapled on it.
I had some other great photos I wanted to show you, but they must be randomly in my picture file, because I couldn't find them. And I was too lazy to get a photo of the little giftie Shelly sent me. So, you'll have to wait until next week for that. This was getting too long anyway. :-)
Hope you enjoyed this randomness. And that I didn't scare you off with the bra photo! LOL.
Have a wonderful day! Maybe on these Random Thursdays, we should all make a point to do a Random Act of Kindness for someone. What do you think? I think I like it and will look for an opportunity to do so. How about you? Let's go make the world a better place for someone today.
Until next time,