Guest post from Aunt Pea
Below are various ways you can follow and benefit from the Little Forest Quilt Along feed:
Your blog posts
If you're familiar with blog tags, add one to each post when you write about the Little Forest Quilt Along. Enter the words "Little Quilt Along" in the little box marked Technorati Tags. If you don't use blog tags, just try to mention "Little Forest Quilt Along" 3-4 times in your post. This will ensure that your post gets picked up in the Little Forest Quilt Along feed. (You can see the feed working on the right sidebar right now.)
You can follow what everyone's doing with the Little Forest Quilt along, even if you aren't participating.
To stay up-to-date follow the Little Forest Quilt Along at any of the following options.
Since we started the feed yesterday 341 people have viewed it. Take advantage of the powerful marketing benefits of social networking to expand your own blog readership!
Add your photos to the Flickr group, which will be pulled into the feed if set to public.
Add the Little Forest Quilt Along widget to your blog, Facebook page, and a multitude of choices:
(Typepad used as example)
1. Click "Get this Widget" icon below the widget
2. Copy the code (keyboard shortcut: Control+C)
3. Go to design in your blog settings.
4. Select "content"
5. Search under modules for "Embed Your own HTML" and add the module to your side bar.
6. Paste the code you copied earlier into the HTML box, click "save."
7. Preview how the widget looks on your page. If you like it, save and publish it.
8. Once placed you don't need to update it - the Little Forest Quilt Along will update automatically as new posts and photos are published by participants.
If you have questions I'll do my best to answer them! Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is Mama Pea. A huge thanks to my sister (Aunt Pea) for setting all of this social media up for us. She designed the logos, set up all the feeds for us, and wrote this guest post to explain it all for you. It took her quite a bit of time, and I really appreciate it! By the way, she has a degree in Internet marketing, so if any of you need help with your blogs (making new mastheads, adding these kinds of feeds, designing logos and buttons, business cards), she would love your business.
Hope you're all coming along well with your Little Forest Quilt. Looking forward to seeing all your updates!
Have a wonderful holiday weekend!
Until next time,