A really nice thing happened to me a while back, and I've been meaning to get back to it. But life has kept me from it.
And then, after my post about the guild meeting, some of your responses really touched me and got me to feeling pretty sentimental. So, now I'm back on it.
Lynn made my day a while back by giving me a sunshine award. Thank you so much, Lynn!
The idea is to pass on the love. So, I'm giving the same award to several bloggers out there.
I'd like to do that now and to say a few things. I was feeling a little sentimental today, because your sweet comments made me realize how fortunate I am to have met so many nice people through blogging. You have all created a community for me that is so warm and welcoming. YOU ALL ARE REALLY MY GUILD! Maybe that's why I'm having a little trouble getting into my local guild...because you all have really become my source for inspiration, community, social interaction, learning, etc. I am just so grateful to you all. When I started blogging, I never would have guessed that I could meet so many "virtual" friends whom I really like, can't wait to meet IRL some day, and who I wish I lived near!
So, I want to say thank you to these awesome bloggers who take the time to comment on my posts and/or whose work I really enjoy having the opportunity to study (in no particular order). Click on the links to visit their blogs...
- Lynn of Alamosa Quilter
- Shelly of Prairie Moon Quilts
- Donna of Sugar and Spice
- Tracey of TraceyJay Quilts
- Magnolia Bay Quilts
- Maggie of Quilting in E. Central Illinois
- Linda at Little Bits and Pieces
- Gina of A Patchwork Garden
- Caroll at the Attic Window
- Melissa from Baking for the Boys
- Terri from Scarlett in Modernity
- The wonderful folks at Fat Quarterly
- The Fat Quarter Shop's Blog
- Pat Sloan of....Pat Sloan!
- Rosemary of Island Hame Crafts
- Katie from MiaMoo Designs
- Christina from A Few Scraps
And there are many others, and I apologize if I forgot any of you. I didn't mean to.
There's also Myra, who has a blog, but it's really a private blog, so I didn't want to post her URL here. And there's people who don't have blogs: my mom, SIL Linda, Michelle, Jill, Linda from my office...
There are also blogs that really inspire me but who don't regularly comment on my blog. I thank you, too!
Thank you to all of you for your support, encouragement, inspiration, socialization...all of it.
1. Save the image above and post it on your own blog.
2. Pass the award on to 12 fellow bloggers
3. Link the nominees.
4. Let nominees know they have won this award by commenting on their blog.
5. Share the love and link to the person you received this award from.